Brighter Futures for Children offers a range of services for children and young people including social care, early help, and services relating to education and special education needs and disabilities.
Brighter Futures for Children is a company limited by guarantee, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council, but run by an independent Board of Directors. Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
Brighter Futures works closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including the Council, police, public health and voluntary groups.
Most recent news
- Your Youth Team’s Programme – March to June 2021
- Mental health toolkit for practitioners working with families
- The Mental Health Support Team – supporting young people with emerging or mild to moderate mental health needs
- Working together and staying safe – a restorative approach
- Seeking to understand – watch the video from the Trauma-Informed Reading Conference
- Elevate – December jobs board
- Update following the Trauma-Informed Reading conference
- Lift the Baby – safer sleeping campaign
- Massage therapy and sensory integration service
- Me, you and baby too – new tool from OnePlusOne