Brighter Futures for Children offers a range of services for children and young people including social care, early help, and services relating to education and special education needs and disabilities.
Brighter Futures for Children is a company limited by guarantee, wholly owned by Reading Borough Council, but run by an independent Board of Directors. Our main aim is to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Reading. We help families find long-term solutions to ensure children lead happy, healthy and successful lives.
Brighter Futures works closely with partners in the local community and key organisations including the Council, police, public health and voluntary groups.
Most recent news
- First Trauma Informed Network meeting
- New group for expectant mums
- Parenting together and apart – free online resources from relationship charity OnePlusOne
- Bookings open for Holiday Activities and Food programme
- Reading Threshold of Need – online briefing for staff and volunteers working with children, young people and families
- Early Help is the right help, at the right time, in the right place
- Holiday Activity Fund Reading – Brighter Futures for Children seeks providers
- Your Youth Team’s Programme – March to June 2021
- Mental health toolkit for practitioners working with families
- The Mental Health Support Team – supporting young people with emerging or mild to moderate mental health needs