Here are the next training opportunities from RVA and its partners.
- 22 April 2021 Treasurer TrainingTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)Are you new to being a treasurer of a charity or community group in Reading, or considering taking on the role? If…
- 28 April 2021 Emergency first aid at work – for people in the voluntary sector and community groupsTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. Intended outcomes are: Knowledge of appropriate procedures. Practical experience…
- 29 April 2021 Confidence Building – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationFree Employability Workshop to support you with the challenges post lockdown Practical techniques to identify your strengths and boost your self-confidence in…
- 5 May 2021 Personality profiling – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationPersonality profiling is commonly used to match the ideal personality for those best suited to a job role You will learn: What…
- 11 May 2021 How to create an effective CV and application form – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationHow to present your skills effectively to employers on CVs and application forms. Learn how to: Identify your strengths. Give informative examples…
- 11 May 2021 An introduction to using LinkedIn for job opportunities – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationAn introductory workshop for job seekers who are new to LinkedIn During the workshop, you will: Start creating a profile to attract…
- 12 May 2021 Managing life with Covid-19 – free workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA free, practical workshop to support you with some of the challenges during the Covid-19 pandemic This workshop will include: Relaxation techniques…
- 17 May 2021 Prepare for a successful interview – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationIn this workshop you will learn how to prepare yourself for an interview in the most effective way, including: Alternative interview formats…
- 21 May 2021 An introduction to starting your own business – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationAn introductory workshop if you are thinking about starting your own business. You will learn about: Advantages and disadvantages of starting your…
- 24 May 2021 Interview skills – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationIn this workshop you will learn how to conduct yourself at an interview in the most effective way, including: What to expect…
- 16 June 2021 Emergency first aid at work – for people in the voluntary sector and community groupsTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. Intended outcomes are: Knowledge of appropriate procedures. Practical experience…
Need help finding training for your charity or community group?
RVA regularly hosts the following training sessions on topics to help you run your charity or community group. If you cannot find dates for these above, or have other requests for training to support the running of your group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information:
- Trustee Training
- Treasurer Training
- Data Protection training
- Safeguarding training
- Volunteer Management Training
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
Looking for personal development training for volunteers and service users?
If you are looking for individual personal development training for your volunteers or service users, take a look at our Social Action and Volunteering Training Hub.
Other local and national training providers for charities?
As well as the above training, you can access online training on an ongoing basis through the following local and national organisations:
Governance and finance
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offer virtual and other training options for charities on a range of topics such as trustee governance, fundraising and safeguarding. They have a reduced price for members. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30,000 can join NCVO for free and will then qualify for the discount.
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.youtube.com/user/NCVOonline/featured
The FSI – Essential Trustee Series
Free short introductory videos on essential trustee responsibilities as set out in CC3 guidance from the Charity Commission. Good basic introduction for any new trustees or those needing a refresher: https://www.thefsi.org/essential-trustee-videos
The Cranfield Trust
Offer support for charities including training and events on a range of topics from financial management, and cash-flow forecasting.
Training and events: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/155-events
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/166-webinars
Small Charities Coalition
Offering training and events for those who manage small charities.
Brighter Futures for Children – refresher elearning for universal safeguarding children
This session is a free elearning refresher training for anyone who has already completed a face to face or Zoom session in the past, and just needs a refresher.
RBC Adult Social Care Training
RBC offer a range of adult social care training such as Safeguarding Adults Level 1 and Domestic Abuse training. This can also be attended by staff and volunteers of voluntary and community groups. Please see their website https://www.reading.gov.uk/children-and-education/adult-learning/care-training/adult-social-care-training/ or contact Learning and Workforce Development Team via email on email@example.com
Safe CIC offer a range of accredited safeguarding e-learning for organisations who deliver services to children and adults. They also have a course for safeguarding for trustees.
NSPCC offer online safeguarding training for organisations who deliver services to children and young people. They also have a trustee safeguarding course.
First Aid and Health and Safety
Providing online training approved by the Health & Safety Executive, at £25+VAT or reduced for price for multiple purchases.
Future Learn / Public Health England
Covid-19 Psychological First Aid for front line workers and volunteers. This is a free course that can be completed in your own time online.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) offer a free online tool to better understand the fundamentals of fundraising.
The Foundation for Social Improvement (the FSI) offer reduced price online training on various fundraising topics to member organisations. (Membership is free for most charities but you will need to subscribe in advance to take advantage of the reduced training rates)
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offer a range of online training including some fundraising related training such as preparing a fundraising strategy and writing bids https://booking.ncvo.org.uk/training
ACAS offer free e-learning, webinars and resources, and paid for online training options for those who manage staff.
Befriending Networks UK provide a comprehensive range of training materials and support from online webinars and courses to bespoke sessions. Costs range from free to different rates for members and non-members. Details at www.befriending.co.uk/training-events/
East Riding Voluntary Action’s Top Tips for Telephone Befriending: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rm8EU6PiE&feature=youtu.be