Berkshire Credit Union is a traditional credit union, that is a financial cooperative owned by our members for our members. We are self-financing and run largely by volunteers providing savings and low-cost loans to members. We help members to understand and take control of their finances, work on their credit rating and build confidence through our ethical savings and loans products. We help the financially disadvantaged to become financially included, and help to beat the payday lenders and loan sharks. This role is for 4.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday between 9am and 3pm. A full job description (included detailed duties and tasks) is available on request.
Requirements and personal specification
- Able to manage own workload with minimum of supervision.
- Customer focused.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Well organized, confident and articulate.
- High standard of literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Part of a small multi-disciplined team that provides mutual cover.
Practical experience of:
- Volunteer management
- Customer service.
- Training design and delivery.
- Financial services or similarly regulated environment.
Main purpose and tasks
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers.
- Provision of customer facing front office services.
- Manage our media channel communications.
- Provide operational absence cover and support when required.
- Phone for an informal discussion or email for the full detailed job description.
- To apply, please email CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability for the position.
- Because of lockdown all interviews will be conducted by phone/zoom etc.