Based in Henley-on-Thames, part-time 20 hours per week
Are you passionate about gardening, nature and people? Would you like to work for an organisation where you can make a difference and changes the lives of the people we support and their families for the better?
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and passionate gardener to take the lead on creating an exciting programme of garden activities. To plan, develop and deliver a horticultural service for people with autism to include the growing of vegetables, fruit, herbs and flowers.
Kingwood provides support for people with autism and Asperger syndrome. Th people we work with receive support to live in their chosen home across registered, supported living and domiciliary care services.
Your base would be Henley-on-Thames, however, you may be asked to travel to other locations.
Skills and experience
- Experience of working in horticulture
- Previous experience of working with autistic people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Patience, understanding
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience in working in a similar role, involving horticultural project planning
- A recognised qualification in horticulture
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Kingwood funded DBS
- Generous holiday and sick pay
- Competitive pension scheme
- Full in house training programme
- *Travel time and mileage paid where applicable*
- Unlimited refer a friend incentive scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- To be considered for this role you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence.
- DBS check required.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Kingwood In house Induction Programme.