BWA works to enable people living with the devastating impact of domestic abuse to see and make choices about their future and to rebuild safe and strong lives, free from abuse. We are a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
We are looking to recruit a committed Domestic Abuse Helpline Worker based in at our offices in Reading. As part of the helpline team you will answer call, respond to voice message, email and webchat and collect the monitoring data on our helpline.
We are looking for an individual who is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is committed to building strong relationships with a wide range of professional agencies.
For the above vacancy, the ideal candidate will have experience of working on a helpline supporting vulnerable people in a confidential and safeguarding environment, and have an understanding of domestic abuse and its impact on families.
- Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
- Contract: 12 months
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
- This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
- To apply please download an application form and full job description from our website.
- For further information, please contact Info@bwaid.org.uk or call 0118 950 018
- Closing date: Open. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview as their applications are received and the first suitable candidate will be recruited.