Sport in Mind, the UK mental health sports charity, is seeking to appoint a full-time Sports Development Officer that will manage and develop new and existing sport and physical activity programmes in Berkshire to support the recovery of people experiencing mental health problems (adults, children and young people). The role will involve the recruitment and management of qualified sports coaches and liaising and promoting programmes to stakeholders (including the NHS) to ensure referrals.
- Degree level education or relevant experience
- Driving license and own transport essential.
- Working with vulnerable diverse communities
- Development experience
- Setting up sport and physical activity sessions
- Health and safety and safeguarding
- Managing sessional staff
- Working with highly confidential information
- Motivating and influencing people
Skills, abilities and competencies
- Ability to think and work creatively whilst supporting others
- Highly organised – effective administration skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent delivery of health and safety and safeguarding procedures
- Excellent management skills
- Good computer literacy
- A personal and/or working knowledge of mental health and sport and physical activity
The role is for 2 year with the potential to extend due to the success of the role.
- Interviews will take place in the week commencing 16 August
- Start date: September/October (depending on relevant safeguarding checks)