Sport in Mind, the UK mental health sports charity, is seeking to appoint a full-time Sports Development Officer that will manage and develop new sport and physical activity programmes in the South East to improve the lives of people experiencing mental health problems.
The role will involve the recruitment and management of sports coaches and liaising and promoting programmes to stakeholders (including the NHS) to ensure referrals. The post is for 2 years and allows for flexible working, but will require regular travel to areas of development across the South East. Working at the charity’s Reading Office will be required at least 2 days per month.
- Degree level education or relevant experience
- Driving licence and own transport essential.
- Working with vulnerable diverse communities
- Development experience
- Setting up physical activity sessions
- Health and safety and safeguarding
- Managing sessional staff
- Working with highly confidential information
- Motivating and influencing people
Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Ability to think and work creatively whilst supporting others
- Highly organised – effective administration skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent delivery of health and safety and safeguarding procedures
- Excellent management skills
- Good computer literacy
- Interviews will take place in the week commencing 16 August
- Start date: September/October (depending on relevant safeguarding checks)