Citizens Advice Reading is a busy town centre advice service which helps over 4,000 clients each year. Staffed by 50 volunteers and 20 part-time paid staff, our service quality is consistently high with CAR recently rated as ‘excellent’ in an Independent audit.
We want to recruit an Advice Session Supervisor to join the current team that supports the generalist advice service, to provides direct support and supervision for volunteer advisors.
We are looking for:
- Experience as a generalist adviser or equivalent
- Ideally an understanding/experience of our main enquiry areas to include Benefits, Debt, Housing and Employment
- An effective communicator with ability to research, interpret and analyse complex information
- Confidence in IT skills, for example, Word, Google docs, internet searching, case management systems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and independently.
We are keen to support flexible working which could include term time only for the right candidate.
Citizens Advice Reading recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org.