Supporting a small team of staff and volunteers covering a wide range of tasks and services, including:
- Data entry of new membership and loan applications
- Validation of withdrawal requests
- Assisting the Finance Officer with member savings and loan repayments
- Management of electronic signature process for loans
- Responding to general enquiries.
- Numeracy – an eye for detail, accurate and precise
- IT skills
- Confidence and ability to communicate to a diverse membership
- An ability to organise and prioritise work, meeting pre-determined deadlines
- Interpersonal and team work skills
- An understanding of strict confidentiality and data protection
- A calm and professional approach at all times
- Good telephone manner.
- Data entry
- Customer services.
Hours: 3.5 hours per day worked between 9.45 a.m. and 2.00 p.m., Monday to Friday (total of 17.5 hours per week) with flexible working arrangements
Berkshire Credit Union is a member-owned co-operative that is a not-for-profit ethical social enterprise based in West Reading serving the whole of Berkshire. Its prime objectives are the promotion of thrift, financial inclusion and the alleviation of poverty. It does this by encouraging savings and providing affordable loans to combat the dangers of payday lenders and illegal loan sharks.