Food4families is a community-based Reading project for local residents which aims to enable them to manage land in their own neighbourhoods for the sustainable growing of food for their own consumption, encourage healthier eating and lifestyle habits and develop understanding of the broader environmental, cultural and economic aspects of sustainable food production.
Currently provides free tutor led sessions at 8 different green spaces across Reading see website for details of times and locations.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Veg4Reading aims to double donated harvest this year!
- Food4Families Growing Careers – new courses starting in June
- Food4Families courses starting soon – Growing Healthy Conversations, Growing Careers
- Veg4Reading update
- An update from the Veg4Reading project
- Food4Families is looking for volunteers to grow and distribute fresh produce