This is an exciting time to join the Reading Voluntary Action (RVA) team as the Advice Worker. This post is integral to RVA’s services to the local voluntary and community sector (VCS) and is a well-established post helping the sector to thrive.
You may be looking for full or part time hours, or be self employed as a consultant.
We are particularly interested in hearing from applicants who have a legal background, whether through having previously practiced Law or having completed the Legal Practice Course; and who have a working knowledge of the voluntary and community sector, either in a paid or volunteer role.
We wish to offer this opportunity widely, therefore the post is available as home-working with regular travel to Reading Central Library at a minimum of once per week.
Purpose of role
To take lead responsibility in RVA for providing charities and voluntary organisations with advice, information and training on legal and technical aspects of running voluntary organisations.
Success looks like:
- There is a thriving and well governed local sector.
- Organisations are able to access good quality information and support quickly and easily.
- Resources are directed at organisations tackling greatest need.
Reading Voluntary Action is an equal opportunities employer and has made a commitment to encourage applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, who are currently underrepresented within the organisation.
- 1 Sept 2022: Applications open
- 3 Oct 2022, 5pm: Applications close
- 13 Oct 2022: Interviews at Reading Central Library for shortlisted candidates
- Please see the more detailed Job Description and Person Specification
- Please use the Application Form linked below to apply.
- Job sharing is possible for this role.
More detailed information on the role is available to download here Advice Worker JD and PS – Maternity Cover.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Rachel Spencer CEO or email email@example.com or 0118 937 2273.