Our aim is to support our members to live enriched independent lives in the community and this is your chance to make a real difference.
Berkshire Vision provides information and support to blind and visually impaired adults and children. We achieve this by offering a wide range of services to our members and their families, as well as working with health and social care professionals, local employers and community groups, to improve their understanding of visual impairment and the needs of those affected by all forms of vision loss.
This is an exciting time to join Berkshire Vision, as we set to deliver and achieve our new and ambitious 5-year strategy. Our strategy aims to provide a range of comprehensive services which support our members to live enriched, independent and safe lives within their communities.
The Marketing and Communications Officer will work alongside the Head of Fundraising and Marketing to:
- Implement the organisation’s marketing and communications internal and external strategy;
- Manage the organisation’s website and social media presence;
- Raise Berkshire Vision’s profile in the larger community;
- Grow the organisation’s brand to increase awareness and attract supporters;
- Create and execute marketing campaigns;
- Market and lead on corporate fundraising events;
- Continue to develop communications and collateral for teams.
You will have experience of working in marketing and digital marketing and will be able to work within a team environment as well as on your own initiative. Experience of social media development and planning is essential as well as understanding the integrated approach required between marketing and fundraising. The post holder must hold a full driving licence and be prepared for some travel in Berkshire to meet members and volunteers.
To apply for this position, you should have previous experience of delivering successful social media campaigns. Previous experience of connecting with the local media including radio stations and press is desirable. You should be able to form effective working relationships with both internal contacts and outside partner agencies. We are looking for someone with a passion for supporting our members to live enriched lives, and therefore you should be someone who is able to work innovatively and be an advocate for our services. The role has an element of reporting, budget management and administration. The ability to use Microsoft packages is essential.
- Employment hours: approx. 4 days per week/25 hours per week.
- Location: Reading and surrounding areas.
- To apply, you must be able to travel within the Thames Valley area and have a flexible approach to the hours worked.
- This role includes some evening and weekend work.
- The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS disclosure with barred list checks.
To apply for this vacancy or request a full copy of the Job Description, please contact Gerry.email@example.com.