About the role
You will manage the Community Safety Team and ensure the effective and efficient resolution to Anti-Social Behaviour cases and unauthorised encampments in Reading. In addition, you oversee the operational delivery of council’s Domestic Abuse Strategy and ensure it meets its statutory duties in relation to Domestic Abuse.
This post will lead on the development and review of key council policies and procedures relating to community safety matters. This includes anti-social behaviour, unauthorised encampments, victim and witness support, working in partnership with other officers, partners, service users, community groups and local people as appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage Anti-Social Behaviour Officers and the Domestic Abuse Co-ordinator.
- Provide support to staff dealing with customers facing challenging situations as a result of their responsibilities
- Provide and develop a customer-based approach to the delivery of the service and ensure that intensive support is provided to victims of anti-social behaviour.
- Conduct regular effective case management monitoring and quality assurance of ASB cases.
- Liaise with local and national agencies to share information on good practice, policies and expertise.
- Oversee the delivery of the Domestic Abuse Strategy and support the preparation of Domestic Homicide Reviews
- Provide operational support to Reading’s Community Safety Partnership by producing regular updates to the CSP Executive Group
- Support the Council’s community safety response to issues relating to Prevent, Community Cohesion, Hate Crime and Serious Violence and exploitation
- Attend the Housing Management Transfer Panel as a panel member and chair the meeting as required
- Support the development and sustainability of a culture of delivering high quality services with a right first-time ethos
The following experience is required for this role:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent extensive experience in the public sector
- Knowledge and understanding of key community safety issues, including crime prevention, community engagement and partnership working.
- Project management principles or experience of planning and delivery key pieces of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills sufficient to work at different levels, internally and externally with partners and the community
- Ability to lead multi-agency meetings and deliver across a range of partnership agendas.
- Able to assimilate information quickly in order to inform decision making
- High levels of IT skills, including spreadsheets, fully competent & experienced in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work to achieve agreed objectives and deadlines.
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities. We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is the key to our success.
Further details and instructions for how to apply are available through the Reading Borough Council job search website at https://reabcli.webitrent.com/reabcli_webrecruitment/