The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Current volunteering opportunities
Most recent news
- Property for sale: 117 Cumberland Road
- Local health watchdog tendering process: online forum 15 October
- Our Domain: a new public art project for Reading
- Office space to rent at Battle Library
- Office space to rent at Tilehurst Library
- Shop for rent: 36a Coronation Square
- Help shape RBC’s voluntary sector plans
- Older People’s Day – 1 Oct 2021
- Formal bidding process for Office 2 at South Street Arts Centre – open until 27 October 2021
- Consultation: help the council improve Reading’s libraries