The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Have your say – RBC is reviewing how it allocates social housing
- Additional Restrictions Grant: charitable rate relief/business support *Short deadline of 31 March 2021*
- RBC are recruiting for Shared Lives Carers
- Children invited to ‘Share a Story’ for World Book Day
- Cold winter payments and support with energy costs
- Risk to elderly and vulnerable people – lost Thames Water contractor ID cards
- Covid-19 community testing open to voluntary sector staff and volunteers in Reading
- Covid-19 community testing programme for essential workers and volunteers
- Tribute to Phillip Kallay
- Freehold disposal of 2–4 Darwin Close – bidding open until 9 April 2021