The borough council has a huge range of duties and services that are fully detailed in its publications and on its website.
Reading Voluntary Action works with different teams within the council in a range of ways to support or represent the Voluntary and Community Sector.
The council leads on a range of community activities that partner volunteers from local charities or community groups, as well as recruiting and supporting volunteers directly in some of their neighbourhood activities.
Particularly active in that respect during 2014-15 from an RVA perspective has been the team which supports Neighbourhood Services for Older People helping to address issues of wellbeing and social isolation.
Most recent news
- Advance notice: formal bidding process of Caversham Court long leasehold disposal/short-term lease – opens 21 July until 17 September 2021
- Vaccination programme open to all unvaccinated adults in Reading – extended until 9 July
- Public consultation opens for the Berkshire West Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2021–2030
- Emergency broadcast alert test in Reading on 29 June 2021
- Targeted vaccine programme for unvaccinated adults in Reading surge test postcodes
- RBC has launched two pots of funding to support community and voluntary groups – both close on 25 July 2021
- Covid surge testing in Reading – translated letters to residents
- Public Rights of Way consultation – open until 24 July 2021
- Dementia Action Week 2021 #CureTheCareSystem
- Have your say – RBC is reviewing how it allocates social housing