Auticulate is a social interaction group for children and young people aged between 8-16 in mainstream schools with a diagnosis of autism and/or ADHD. The main aim is to support members to develop and practice social communication and life skills through a programme of education, discussion, role play, peer mentoring and real-life practice.
The main purpose of the role is:
- To plan and deliver a six week programme for primary aged children aged 8 to 11 and a six week programme for secondary aged young people aged 12 to 16 (awaiting or diagnosis of autism and/or ADHD).
- To plan and deliver weekly groups for children and young people who have a diagnosis of autism and/or ADHD, alternate weeks, first week aged 8-11, second week aged 12-16.
- To plan and deliver one off holiday events.
- To manage a small team of staff and volunteers involved in Auticulate.
The role is an exciting opportunity and we would welcome an experienced autism/ADHD practitioner to join our Auticulate children’s project.
- Contract – 2 years plus subject to funding
- Qualifications: BEd, PGCE, High level TA or other relevant qualifications
- Autism specialism
Please see the Parenting Special Children website for all details including job description, person specification and application form.