This is a free webinar as part of Safeguarding Adults Week 2023.
This session will cover:
- Links between the Care Act 2014 statutory duties and domestic abuse; both within intimate partner and family relationships.
- Challenging unconscious bias about the characteristics of survivors of Domestic Abuse.
- How “Care and Support needs” and the impact upon survivors’ experience of Domestic Abuse.
- How to recognise, record and respond to domestic abuse when working with adults at risk.
- Examples of domestic abuse in case study form
- Discussion of Domestic Homicide Reviews and voices of survivors.
Presenter: Rebecca Berry (Wokingham Adult Social Care)
This session is open to all health and social care staff and those volunteering and working for voluntary and community groups in the West Berkshire area (which includes Reading).
This is an online TEAMS session. Please book your place in advance through this link.