There are just a few spaces remaining on this year’s branding project, read on to find out more and get in touch to secure your place.
Are you a new charity looking to establish a brand identity but lacking the resources to do so? Or are you a not-for-profit in need of a brand refresh or re-positioning and would welcome some input from students at The University of Reading?
Reading University will be holding a structured eight-week ‘design-thinking brand jam’ with Part 3 Typography and design students in October – December 2021, working exclusively with not-for-profits and social enterprises. Students take on briefs and develop a visual identity and any other marketing collateral they feel is appropriate over four weeks – and it’s completely free. The students took on five causes last year, and produced some very good results. Two of the clients used the work after the project was over.
If you are interested in participating, we will need someone from your organisation, to act as a ‘client’ for us and attend:
- A Briefing Day at 10am on Monday 11 October 2021, where you will need to talk about what you do for 30 minutes to a small group of students who have chosen to work on your project (usually around 5 students), and then be available for questions. Face to face meeting, and local clients are preferred.
- A Presentation Day on Monday 6 December 2021 , to listen to your students’ ideas and give instant feedback. Face to face is preferred.
- NB: these two dates are not flexible. If you cannot attend them we will not be able to take your project on.
- If you are interested, please contact Sara Chapman: s.k.chapman@reading.
ac.uk for more details.
- Your charity brief will need to be submitted for consideration soon!