Grants are available to support grassroots organisations providing safe social spaces, mentoring, work, or social skills for young people aged 11 to 25 years old in the UK.
The Foundation aims to fund work that helps young people create firm foundations, by addressing their needs through early intervention.
Grants of between £200 and £2,000 are available.
Who can apply
Registered charities, registered community interest companies, unincorporated clubs or associations or unregistered charities in the UK, with a turnover of less than £300,000 can apply.
Applications are welcome from such organisations which:
- Deliver services to one or more of the KFC Foundation’s target groups.
- Have existed for at least 12 months at the time of submission.
- Have a signed constitution/governing documents.
- Have a bank account in its own name with two unrelated signatories/dual authorisation.
- Have an active board of trustees or directors.
- Have a suitable safeguarding policy.
- Are local to a KFC restaurant.
What will be considered for funding
The funding is intended for projects and activities which:
- Benefit young people aged 11-25 years old.
- Support those in a position of social disadvantage (i.e. care leavers, those experiencing homelessness, young carers, young parents, young people at risk of or with experience of the criminal justice system).
- Provide spaces that allow young people to feel safe and secure, helping to unlock talent and build life skills, provide mentoring, and improve their chances of gaining meaningful employment.
- Ultimately empower all young people to fulfil their potential and build a positive future.
- Will demonstrate positive results within 12 months of the receipt of funding.
Is there a deadline
Monday 28 February 2022
How to apply and where to find further information
There are two stages to the application process:
- Applicants should first submit a two minute video about their organisation.
- Applicants should then complete and submit an Expression of Interest form, via the link on the KFC Foundation’s website.
Guidance notes are available on the KFC Foundation’s website, link below: