Who could benefit from these workshops and 1-2-1s?
We know that some people have lost or are going to loose their job. Some are going to be on reduced hours. These workshops would help anyone considering what starting a business or self employment/sub-contract work would mean, people who might be considering:
- Working for themselves – being self employed
- Being a sub contractor
- How to be an entrepreneur that succeeds
- Using online sites (like Etsy) to make money
Part of Reading’s Recovery Plan
The workshops are free for people to attend. They are funded through Reading UK as part of the recovery plans for residents and the local economy.
Feedback from recent attendees
- “I learned so much – thank you”
- “Great explanations – so clear and easy to follow”
- “Confidence boosting”
- “So supportive”
- “Great atmosphere to learn in – very friendly”
- “The information about joining the workshops was really good”
When – the topics and dates are as follows, all Thursdays. All are from 10am – 11.30am, over Zoom:
- 20 May: You and your idea
- 27 May: Marketing and branding essentials
- 3 June: Marketing methods and social media
- 10 June: Getting and keeping customers
- 17 June: Status essentials and HMRC
- 24 June: Expenses and Finance Timelines
- 1 July: Costs and Pricing
- 8 July: Legal Requirements
- 15 July: Planning and routines for success
- 22 July: Presentation and Confidence in Business
Each session covers a different topic and we strongly suggest that people attend all sessions if they are able.
Added advice and support
People who attend are also able to have 1-2-1 sessions with a skilled business mentor. This way their specific topics or needs can be worked on in confidence and without having to share in front of other people.
Find out more and book a place