Rosa’s Rise Fund provides organisational development funding for Black and minoritised-led women’s and girls’ organisations across the UK. With the funding they have raised to date, they expect to be able to support between 25 and 30 organisations across the UK.
Who is eligible to apply:
Rosa’s Rise Fund particularly welcome proposals from organisations that:
- are ‘user-led’. Which means organisations that are created from and connected to the communities they serve and which design their services based on direct, lived experience.
- work with and for especially marginalised Black and minoritised women and girls e.g. those with no recourse to public funds, refugee and asylum seekers, women experiencing homelessness, women and girls using drugs and alcohol, women and girls who have been trafficked, those with a disability, older women, LBGT+ women and girls.
- operate in less economically resilient communities within the UK
How much can organisations apply for:
- You can apply for a grant of up to £40,000 over a two-year period from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2024 to Black and minoritised-led women’s and girls’ organisations in the UK which have been established for three years or more, and which have an average income of less than £100,000 per year.
- You can apply for between £5,000 and £20,000 per year.
- One-year applications will not be accepted as they want to fund organisations on a longer-term basis.
- Rosa’s Rise Fund want to make sure organisations can manage their grant, so they recommend that you do not apply for more than a third of your average annual income over the last three years in each of the grant years.
Is there a deadline:
- Fund is opened since Tuesday 23 November 2021,
- Closing date for applications 5pm Monday 31 January 2022,
- Notifications to applicants not shortlisted by 31 March 2022,
- Prearranged call to discuss your application April/May 2022,
- Notification of outcome for all other applicants by 31 May 2022.
- Grants will be paid in July 2022 and will last for 2 years.
Further detailed guidance and how to apply:
Rosa will be hosting ‘How to Apply’ webinar to help applicants develop their applications. Please register using the link below:
For more information or send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further support from RVA:
If you would like further support with submitting a funding application or any support with governance required for your organisation to get ready for this funding, please contact Herjeet at email@example.com