Association of Mental Health Providers (AMHP) is pleased to announce the launch of the third round of grants: a Helplines Fund with Bupa Foundation.The fund will open to applications on Monday 15th November and closes on 3 December 2021.
Amount of funding and who can apply:
This fund will be used to provide grants of up to £5,000 to support the sustainability of mental health voluntary, community, and social enterprise helpline provider organisations, who have been operational/registered for 2 years+ with turnover of less than £250,000.
What is defined as a helpline for the purposes of this funding:
AMHP define this as: a service providing non-face-to-face advice, support and information via phone, email, text, SMS or online. You can read more in the linked guidance below.
Background and funding priorities:
Helplines have always been an important part of mental health service provision by the VCSE sector. As such, AMHP are looking at funding costs that can positively impact the sustainability of an helpline organisation:
- specifically those that are supporting the mental health and wellbeing of communities disproportionately impacted by Covid-19;
- with a focus on organisations that are led by and/or are supporting Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic communities.
- they will also be considering applications from organisations supporting other disadvantaged groups such as the homeless community, those in contact with the criminal justice system, children and young people, women and girls, victims of domestic violence etc.
Further information and FAQ webinar:
- You can read more here in the documents linked;
- You can also sign up to the FAQ webinar on Wednesday 17th November at 1pm which is an opportunity to meet members of the Programme team and ask any questions that are not covered by our FAQ document.
*The Mental Health Sustainability Fund’s second/2021 round is now closed.
Further support and advice from RVA:
If you would like advice on funding applications or getting ready for funding, including governance requirements and policies that are needed, please contact Herjeet at email@example.com