The Government has announced that it will extend the free lateral flow testing to all employers, including home testing for those who cannot offer on-site testing.
Whether an employer wants to set up on-site workplace testing, or offer tests for workers to take home (or a combination of the two), they must register on gov.uk by 12 April to access free tests until the end of June. Once registered, employers will be able to place orders for Workplace Collect from early April. Once received from NHS Test & Trace, employers will need to arrange for their workers to collect the test kits from their workplaces. Workers will then use those tests twice weekly at home.
Further details and resources:
- Government portal to register for the free lateral flow testing as an employer
- Government announcement: Workplace testing programme expands to offer free rapid home testing
- NCVO guidance on Covid-19 Testing, including a link to a template testing policy
- RVA Article with links to ACAS and ICO guidance
- Contact email@example.com if you would like further assistance for your charity or community group