Your organisation may already have staff and volunteers in key worker roles or you may be planning for reopening of services. Here are some resources that we have gathered to help you consider best practice and the law when considering coronavirus testing for staff and volunteers:
- ACAS has published this guidance on agreeing testing arrangements with staff, how to deal with time off due to a positive test, and how to resolve issues where staff may not wish to be tested.
- The ICO has published these FAQs for questions around data protection and coronavirus testing.
- Charities wishing to register for workplace testing: DCMS and NCVO have confirmed that charities can include volunteers in their count when registering for workplace testing onsite, subject to certain conditions.
- Otherwise, Reading has the option of community-based testing for essential workers and volunteers at two locations.
- We are currently still in national lockdown. This guidance from ACAS on working safely during coronavirus is regularly updated with advice on how to do this.
- Our earlier articles on preparing risk assessments can be found on our Coronavirus Community Action page.
If you have any questions or would like advice on your charities specific circumstances, contact Herjeet at email@example.com.