The Rising Sun Arts Centre is a small, independent arts centre, which for 25 years has been staffed and run by volunteers.
The Rising Sun creates a space where creativity flourishes and people come together to make things happen. Our programme includes a varied line up of high quality events and activities, avant garde music from some of the world’s top improvisers, ground breaking, participatory projects and the best band nights in town to name a few, all managed by volunteers without the benefit of core funding or full time staff.
We are seeking to add to our team by recruiting more volunteers to take on the role of House Manager.
This is a key role in helping to make sure that our events run smoothly.
As a House Manager duties will include:
- hosting the event and ensuring that it runs smoothly
- supporting and supervising staff
- problem solving and troubleshooting.
- ensuring the centre complies with its legal responsibilities
- ensuring the safety of everyone at the event
- coordinating facilities and equipment
- being an ambassador for the centre
Skills required include:
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Problem solving
- An understanding of events coordinating
- Organisation skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills