Stronger Together – a Building Better Opportunities project, funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund – is now finished. It ran from 1 October 2017 until 30 June 2020. The material on this page is retained for reference.
As part of the Stronger Together project RVA’s School and Parent Engagement Officer, Anna Chapman, helped parents to:
- Discuss needs and aspirations for work.
- Explore options and opportunities.
- Know about the services and support available in Reading.
- Have concerns and challenges met with practical solutions.
- Progress towards and into training, voluntary work, work-experience placements and employment.
Acting as the link between parents, schools and organisations within the Stronger Together partnership, Anna worked with partners across sectors to maximise the opportunities available for parents and helps them overcome any challenges to being employed such as childcare and transport.