involve Community Services is recruiting a Social Prescriber to support patients from the Phoenix Primary Care Network. This area is linked with two GP surgeries in Wokingham: Loddon Vale Practice and Twyford Surgery.
The role will involve working together with patients to jointly agree and develop a “Social Prescription” for the patient to help the individual to achieve positive health and wellbeing outcomes, by addressing any non-medical or social issues in their life such as housing, debt or social isolation.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Linking patients to services across the Health, Social Care and Voluntary sectors across the Wokingham borough and surrounding areas
- Working alongside patients to help them achieve their goals
- Undertaking assessments and building relationships to agree personalised plans
- Empowering the patient to make the necessary changes to enable them to live the life they choose
- Working closely with GPs, community services, Social Care, voluntary sector organisations, Practice staff and wider multi-disciplinary teams.
The successful candidate will ideally have worked in a similar role, but this role would also be suited to someone with good local knowledge, appropriate experience and enthusiasm.
Full time, 37.5 hours per work
12-month temporary contract with potential to extend.
Please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the required criteria to fulfil the role to Aimee Knight, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.