YMCA Reading, as a charity, provides 36 units of housing for young people aged 16-25 and 4 mother and baby units in purpose-built supported accommodation. We also provide a Sports Centre, Pre-School, Café and Activity Centre.
We are seeking a CEO with a high degree of organisational ability, credibility and enthusiasm, a leader with proven success in financial and performance management, strategic thinking, business development and high-level fundraising know how.
We need a leader who can manage the charity, its team and resources to achieve our strategic plan.
The successful candidate will need to show:
- Excellent management, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience at a senior level and thorough understanding of financial planning and budget management.
- Ability to strategically manage the operational and financial aspects of the business. Have strong business acumen with a charity ethos.
- Experience of creating and maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders, statutory bodies and supportive organisations.
- Experience of negotiating with public bodies such as Local Authorities, Health Trusts, Probation service and Private Sector organisations.
- Knowledge of the regulator of social housing.
- An understanding of and empathy with the needs of vulnerable young people.
- The ability to manage successfully in a housing, support or care environment.