First Steps towards Safe and Sound is a free tool available to all voluntary and community groups offering services in Reading, who wish to take the first steps towards having good governance in place. Come along to our October introduction session and find out how to get started and what the benefits are for your group.
This session should be attended by either a manager or trustee of your group. More than one person from your group is welcome to attend but we would suggest a maximum of three so that there are enough spaces for all.
The session is a 1 hour lunchtime session and will include:
1. Introduction to RVA
2. An overview of First Steps towards Safe and Sound, what it is, the benefits, resources & support from RVA, how to get started and what you receive after completing this. This free toolkit is designed as an introductory level to our actual Quality Standard ‘Safe and Sound’, which you can choose to embark upon in the future or not, so our aim is to help you take that first step in a quick, easy and supportive way.
3. Introduction to First Steps towards engaging Volunteers
4. Introduction to First Steps towards Inclusion
5. The wider Voluntary and Community Sector
6. Further resources and support from RVA.
Book your free space through the link below. The Zoom link will be sent to you at least a couple of days before the session with instructions on how to join.
Please note that this session is online but we have a further session planned for 16 November if you would prefer to attend in person (see here). We will also run sessions in 2024.
We look forward to seeing you then.