We know that some people have lost or are going to loose jobs. Some are going to be on reduced hours. These workshops would help anyone considering what it would mean to start a full time or part time business. They are suitable for people who may be thinking about:
- working for themselves – being self employed
- being a sub contractor
- how to be an entrepreneur who succeeds
- using online tools to make money
Part of Reading’s recovery plan
The workshops are free for people to attend. They are funded through Reading UK as part of the recovery plans for residents and the local economy.
Feedback from attendees
We have had great feedback from attendees in the past. Many especially like the clear explanations, the confidence boosting way the workshops are delivered, the good friendly learning atmosphere and that the people leading the workshops really have started and run their own businesses!
Further information and booking
- The workshops will begin on 27 January 2021.
- Workshops run from 10am-11.30am
- These workshops are held online via Zoom. You will not need to download any software to take part. You will simply need access to the internet via a computer.
- You can book all of the workshops in this series at once or select the individual workshops you can attend from the list below.
- The workshops are free to attend.
- Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
To book a place at one or all of the sessions email email@example.com or see www.therealbusinessclub.co.uk/SYOB10 for more information.
You and your idea/s – Wed, 27 Jan 2021
- Be more motivated to succeed
- Know the relevant strengths and weaknesses you have
- Be clearer on your business idea/s and what they mean to customers
- Understand the reality of business planning
Marketing and branding essentials – Wed, 3 Feb 2021
Know how to describe your product or service clearly
Marketing methods and social media – Wed, 10 Feb 2021
Know about websites/ social media and what’s best to use
Getting and keeping customers – Wed, 17 Feb 2021
- Be more confident with where you are going
- Identify clearly who your customers/ clients will be and why
Status essentials and HMRC – Wed, 24 Feb 2021
- Have more knowledge about what you must manage
- Know the differences in status you can use and why
Expenses and finance timelines – Wed, 03 Mar 2021
- Know the tax system and expenses that matter to you
- Think through realities of money when you start up
Costs and Pricing – Wed, 10 Mar 2021
- Know how to price your product/ service accurately
- Have simple sales techniques you can use
- Plan clearly how you will make real money
Legal Requirements – Wed, 17 Mar 2021
- Be confidently aware of what you have to do
- Have a plan of when things must be done
Planning and Presentation for Success – Wed, 31 Mar 2021
- Have a clear sense of direction of next steps
- Practice how you clearly present what you will do
- Know useful decision making and planning tools
- Bring the learning from all workshops to a useable plan
Added advice and support
People who attend are also able to have some 1-2-1s with business mentors. This really helps people have their specific questions answered and be confidential.
We really want as many residents as possible to get this opportunity and to get good, accurate up to date information and advice about running a business.