Help with technology
- Increasing data allowances on mobile devices to support disadvantaged children: this scheme temporarily increases data allowances for mobile phone users on certain networks. This is so that disadvantaged children and young people can access remote education if their face-to-face education is disrupted, and they do not have access to broadband at home. Read more on GOV.UK.
- Free Wi-Fi vouchers to enable pupils in need to access the internet at home. Read more on the BT website.
- BBC Bitesize free for BT and EE customers. Read more on BBC News.
- Get Online Reading – this project from Reading Voluntary Action is still offering telephone support. Read more here.
- Autism Berkshire’s page Coronavirus shutdown: Fun things to do at home or online links to a huge range of online activities.
- Reading Libraries are posting stories and rhyme times on the council’s You Tube channel. They are all in mixed in with things like audit governance committee meetings, but there are lots there!
- ABC to Read’s storytelling page has lots of videos of their volunteers reading.