Learn to have a conversation that could save a life
Buckinghamshire Mind, on behalf of Health Education England, is offering free virtual Suicide First Aid training to faith sector employees or volunteers in Berkshire.
‘Faith groups make an important contribution to improving health and wellbeing through their commitment to service, both with their own members and with wider communities’ (Local Government Association and Faith Action: Working with faith groups to promote health and wellbeing) and may be a valuable first source of support for those experiencing suicidal feelings. This training will help to develop understanding, skills and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide.
Suitable for those with no prior knowledge of the subject, you’ll gain the skills need to:
- Identify someone who may be thinking about suicide.
- Have a conversation that could save a life.
- Direct them to further support.
- Look after your own wellbeing.
Places are limited and offered on a first come, first served basis. The course is delivered online via Zoom and has been specifically designed to be safe and engaging in a virtual environment. The course has been developed by the National Centre for Suicide Prevention Education and Training.
- 20 August 2021, 9.30am–1pm: click here to book
- 5 November 2021, 9.30am–1pm: click here to register your interest
- If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
- Download this information as a flyer.