New scheme will give young people’s careers a kickstart
Berkshire Youth are excited to announce that they are now recruiting for new Kickstart work placements. The deadline for applications is 26 March 2021.
We know young people are struggling to find employment at the moment especially as certain sectors such as hospitality and retail have been particularly hit by the coronavirus crisis. Our Kickstart Scheme is an exciting opportunity for people claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. You will gain valuable paid work experience for six months and employability skills to help you after your journey with us ends.
They have three exciting positions available
- Training and Youth Work Assistant – 25 hours a week – this role will support the delivery of a number of youth and training programmes including leadership and personal development programmes to young people.
- Youth Work Assistant at The Wayz, Bracknell – 25 hours a week – this role will work closely with the Area Youth and Community Work Manager and support the delivery of a number of youth programmes including holiday provisions, evening youth clubs and community and school based support.
- Youth Work Assistant – Schools and Detached Team – 25 hours a week – this role will work alongside a team of youth workers offering 1-1 mentoring and group work sessions to young people within schools as well as assisting the team with detached work throughout Berkshire.
Criteria to apply
- Aged 16 to 24
- Unemployed and in receipt of Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25 hours per week
- Be able to commit to the role for 6 months
For more information, please talk to your Jobcentre Work Coach or email email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 26 March 2021.
Read more on the Berkshire Youth website.