This is a very rewarding role providing much-needed support for people who are accessing our service. Based at one of our mobility aids spoke locations, the main element of the role is serving the public who require a wheelchair or other mobility aids equipment. This is the ideal role for someone who enjoys meeting people, can show compassion and empathy and who likes administrative duties with a customer service perspective.
- Liaising with the hub to arrange stock/deliveries/collections.
Issuing and receiving wheelchairs (or other mobility aids equipment) using a computer based stock control system.
- Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs (and other equipment)
- Dealing with enquiries from people wanting to borrow a wheelchair (or other equipment) by telephone and face to face
- Receiving payments / donations and issuing receipts
- Contacting service users about overdue and upcoming return of equipment
- Signposting to other Red Cross services/providers
- Actively promoting the Retail Mobility Aids offer/website
These are just some examples. You will work within a great team and be fully supported by the Volunteer Coordinator.