Gain skills as a Green Action trainee!
Conservation / Restoration volunteer needed for The Conservation Volunteers Reading in RG1
Please note: we can only accept volunteers for this role if they live within the Earley Charity Area of Benefit, see HERE
The role of Green Action trainee is ideal for someone looking to gain skills in the conservation/environmental sector. This long term placement will enable the volunteer to gain hands on skills in conservation and the opportunity for internal and external training. If you would like to start the role immediately, it will be home-based due to Covid-19 until we are able to run practical projects again. Our weekly projects are based in greenspaces throughout Reading and the rest of Berkshire.
What will you be doing (please note these are flexible based on goals of the volunteer)
- Assisting in our weekly conservation projects (once these are up and running again).
- Eventually leading projects once you are skilled to do so.
- Monitoring, recording and collating project delivery evaluation and feedback.
- Carrying out risk assessment in relation to people and working environments.
- Planning and researching new opportunities locally for conservation projects.
- Promoting TCV by raising awareness of how TCV activities can improve wellbeing.
- Developing and managing partnerships with local landowners, promoting the work that TCV does.
- The opportunity for long-term volunteers to have a two-week placement with another community/environmental organisation
Location address line 1
Across Reading- but currently home based due to lockdown.
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
What times and days of the week?
Mon AMMon PMTue AMTue PMWed AMWed PMThu AMThu PMFri AMFri PM
Any of these times
Additional timing details
1 to 3 days a week, depending on availability
Conservation / Restoration
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changeSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workKeen learnerEnjoys working outside
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
Online training will be available alongside 'on the job' practical training during tasks. For volunteers that can commit more than 3 months, we can fund for external training.
Description of support
Support from staff, team meetings, contact with other volunteers
Description of expenses
Reasonable travel expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
14 January 2021