Dogs for Good is currently seeking new fundraising volunteers in the Berkshire area. We desperately need new volunteers to help raise much needed money for our work as well as raising the profile of the charity.
We have a network of volunteers all over the UK and they represent Dogs for Good at various events. Through raising local funds we are able to continue our work and support more people who can benefit from a relationship with a trained dog.
Fundraising volunteers can take part in a variety of activities to raise funds as well as increasing the profile of Dogs for Good:
- Attending local fundraising events – normally with a stand where they sell charity merchandise and give out information about our work.
- Organising their own events, e.g. craft fairs, dog walks, quiz nights.
- Being trained to give talks about the Charity to local community groups and schools.
Reasons to get involved:
- Give as much time as you like. No minimum commitment.
- Make new friends and learn new skills.
- Choose events and activities to fit around your schedule.
- Be part of our growing fundraising community and help us to train more dogs for support people with disabilities.
You don’t need to have a specific background but you do need the following:
- Own transport
- Ability to lift and handle boxes and event equipment.
- Basic financial skills for giving change and reporting totals of income.
- Good people skills and ability to communicate with people of all ages.
- Ability to help at weekends and / or evenings.