Here are the next training opportunities from RVA and its partners.
- 27 January 2021 Safeguarding and protecting children (online classroom) – UK CoachingTrainingGet Berkshire ActiveMore than ever, safeguarding our children and young people is so important, now that they are spending more time away from key…
- 28 January 2021 Abuse of position for sexual purpose – awareness trainingTrainingThames Valley PoliceThames Valley Police Professional Standards training event The aim of this training session is to raise awareness around the issue of a…
- 25 February 2021 Designated Safeguarding Officer training – for charities and community groupsTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)Introduction As part of the overall safeguarding for you organisation it is good practice for charities and voluntary groups to have a…
- 26 February 2021 Confidence building – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationFree employability workshop to support you with the challenges post lockdown Practical techniques to identify your strengths and boost your self-confidence in…
- 26 February 2021 Domestic abuse awareness (level 1)TrainingBerkshire Women’s AidThis is multi-agency training for staff/volunteers across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services and…
- 2 March 2021 Personality profiling – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationPersonality profiling is commonly used to match the ideal personality for those best suited to a job role. You will learn: What…
- 3 March 2021 Emergency first aid at work – for people in the voluntary sector and community groupsTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. Intended outcomes are: Knowledge of appropriate procedures. Practical experience…
- 3 March 2021 Mental Health Awareness – supporting people in financial difficultyTrainingReading Community Learning Centre (RCLC)This free course is aimed at staff and volunteers supporting people through financial difficulty across Berkshire (West Berks, Bracknell, Reading, Slough, Windsor…
- 9 March 2021 Returning to the workplace – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationPractical tips on how to effectively return to the workplace after a career break of at least 6 months. In this workshop…
- 9 March 2021 An introduction to using LinkedIn for job opportunities – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationAn introductory workshop for job seekers who are new to LinkedIn. During the workshop, you will: Start creating a profile to attract…
- 16 March 2021 Trustee Training with RVA via ZoomTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)Following our well attended session in December, we’re holding another online Trustee Training session. These sessions have been adapted to take place…
- 16 March 2021 DASH masterclass (level 2)TrainingReading Borough Council (RBC)This is multi-agency training for staff/volunteers across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services and…
- 17 March 2021 Interview skills – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationIn this workshop you will learn how to conduct yourself at an interview in the most effective way, including: What to expect…
- 17 March 2021 Domestic abuse: working with children and families (level 2)TrainingBerkshire Women’s AidThis is multi-agency training for staff/volunteers across Reading in the local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug and alcohol services and…
- 19 March 2021 Is volunteering for you? Free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationVolunteering can change your life! Join this workshop to discover the following: What volunteering can do for you? How volunteering can fit…
- 24 March 2021 Interview presentation skills – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationHow to present yourself successfully at an interview, including: How to prepare to present yourself at an interview. Using visual aids and…
- 28 April 2021 Emergency first aid at work – for people in the voluntary sector and community groupsTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. Intended outcomes are: Knowledge of appropriate procedures. Practical experience…
As well as the above training events you can access online training on an ongoing basis through the following local and national organisations:
Governance and finance
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offer virtual and other training options for charities on a range of topics such as trustee governance, fundraising and safeguarding. They have a reduced price for members. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30,000 can join NCVO for free and will then qualify for the discount.
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.youtube.com/user/NCVOonline/featured
The FSI – Essential Trustee Series
Free short introductory videos on essential trustee responsibilities as set out in CC3 guidance from the Charity Commission. Good basic introduction for any new trustees or those needing a refresher: https://www.thefsi.org/essential-trustee-videos
The Cranfield Trust
Offer support for charities including training and events on a range of topics from financial management, and cash-flow forecasting.
Training and events: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/155-events
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/166-webinars
Small Charities Coalition
Offering training and events for those who manage small charities.
Brighter Futures for Children – refresher elearning for universal safeguarding children
This session is a free elearning refresher training for anyone who has already completed a face to face or Zoom session in the past, and just needs a refresher. If you are new to the role, please opt for a Zoom session. See list of local training above.
RBC Adult Social Care Training
RBC offer a range of adult social care training such as Safeguarding Adults Level 1 and Domestic Abuse training. This can also be attended by staff and volunteers of voluntary and community groups. Please see their website www.reading.gov.uk/pvitraining or contact Learning and Workforce Development Team via email on email@example.com
Safe CIC offer a range of accredited safeguarding e-learning for organisations who deliver services to children and adults. They also have a course for safeguarding for trustees.
NSPCC offer online safeguarding training for organisations who deliver services to children and young people. They also have a trustee safeguarding course.
First Aid and Health and Safety
Providing online training approved by the Health & Safety Executive, at £25+VAT or reduced for price for multiple purchases.
Future Learn / Public Health England
Covid-19 Psychological First Aid for front line workers and volunteers. This is a free course that can be completed in your own time online.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) offer a free online tool to better understand the fundamentals of fundraising.
The Foundation for Social Improvement (the FSI) offer reduced price online training on various fundraising topics to member organisations. (Membership is free for most charities but you will need to subscribe in advance to take advantage of the reduced training rates)
ACAS offer free e-learning, webinars and resources, and paid for online training options for those who manage staff.
Befriending Networks UK provide a comprehensive range of training materials and support from online webinars and courses to bespoke sessions. Costs range from free to different rates for members and non-members. Details at www.befriending.co.uk/training-events/
East Riding Voluntary Action’s Top Tips for Telephone Befriending: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rm8EU6PiE&feature=youtu.be