Here are the next training opportunities from RVA and its partners.
- 2 November 2020 Hoarding training for volunteers – onlineTrainingReading Borough Council (RBC)This free online training is aimed at volunteers who may come across or support people that hoard. It has been funded by…
- 3 November 2020 Confidence building – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationFree Employability Workshop to support you with the challenges post lockdown. Practical techniques to identify your strengths and boost your self-confidence in…
- 4 November 2020 Personality profiling – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationPersonality profiling is commonly used to match the ideal personality for those best suited to a job role. You will learn: What…
- 5 November 2020 Philosophy for children – Level 1 course for teachers and educatorsTrainingReading International Solidarity Centre (RISC)This online Philosophy 4 Children (P4C) course offers a cost-effective and flexible way for teachers to engage in CPD Delivered via Zoom,…
- 9 November 2020 Safeguarding bitesize session: What should I do if I suspect financial abuse?TrainingReading Borough Council (RBC)This free bite-sized workshop is delivered by the West of Berkshire Safeguarding Adults Board and is open to all sectors in Reading,…
- 10 November 2020 Returning to the workplace – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationPractical tips on how to effectively return to the workplace after a career break of at least 6 months. In this workshop…
- 10 November 2020 An introduction to using LinkedIn for job opportunities – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationAn introductory workshop for job seekers who are new to LinkedIn. During the workshop, you will: Start creating a profile to attract…
- 16 November 2020 Interview skills – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationIn this workshop you will learn how to conduct yourself at an interview in the most effective way, including: What to expect…
- 17 November 2020 Universal Safeguarding Children – for charities and community groups, via ZoomTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)We’re pleased to announce that our popular universal safeguarding children session has now been adapted to take place via Zoom and is…
- 17 November 2020 Introduction to English language and culture – 5-week courseTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA free 5-week introductory course for adults who have recently arrived in the UK and want to improve their English and learn…
- 18 November 2020 Volunteer Management Training – Effective Recruitment & Keeping it Legal Via ZoomTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)We are pleased to announce that we will be re-establishing our popular Volunteer Management training offer via Zoom this Autumn. Our Volunteer…
- 19 November 2020 Volunteering as a route to employmentTrainingReading Voluntary Action (RVA)In this Zoom session, we will explore how volunteering can play a role in helping you in your journey towards employment. Whether…
- 25 November 2020 Interview presentation skills – free employability workshopTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationHow to present yourself successfully at an interview, including: How to prepare to present yourself at an interview. Using visual aids and…
- 26 November 2020 Global Teacher Award trainingTrainingReading International Solidarity Centre (RISC)Free training for teachers and support staff from state-funded schools The national Global Teacher Award promotes skills, confidence and practical approaches to…
- 8 December 2020 Emergency first aid at work – for people in the voluntary sector and community groupsTrainingEarley CResCent Community AssociationA one day course for people in the voluntary sector and community groups. Intended outcomes are: Knowledge of appropriate procedures. Practical experience…
As well as the above training events you can access online training on an ongoing basis through the following local and national organisations:
Governance and finance
The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) offer virtual and other training options for charities on a range of topics such as trustee governance, fundraising and safeguarding. They have a reduced price for members. Organisations with a gross annual income of less than £30,000 can join NCVO for free and will then qualify for the discount.
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.youtube.com/user/NCVOonline/featured
The FSI – Essential Trustee Series
Free short introductory videos on essential trustee responsibilities as set out in CC3 guidance from the Charity Commission. Good basic introduction for any new trustees or those needing a refresher: https://www.thefsi.org/essential-trustee-videos
The Cranfield Trust
Offer support for charities including training and events on a range of topics from financial management, and cash-flow forecasting.
Training and events: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/155-events
Pre-recorded webinars: https://www.cranfieldtrust.org/pages/166-webinars
Small Charities Coalition
Offering training and events for those who manage small charities.
Brighter Futures for Children – refresher elearning for universal safeguarding children
This session is a free elearning refresher training for anyone who has already completed a face to face or Zoom session in the past, and just needs a refresher. If you are new to the role, please opt for a Zoom session. See list of local training above.
RBC Adult Social Care Training
RBC offer a range of adult social care training such as Safeguarding Adults Level 1 and Domestic Abuse training. This can also be attended by staff and volunteers of voluntary and community groups. Please see their website www.reading.gov.uk/pvitraining or contact Learning and Workforce Development Team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe CIC offer a range of accredited safeguarding e-learning for organisations who deliver services to children and adults. They also have a course for safeguarding for trustees.
NSPCC offer online safeguarding training for organisations who deliver services to children and young people. They also have a trustee safeguarding course.
First Aid and Health and Safety
Providing online training approved by the Health & Safety Executive, at £25+VAT or reduced for price for multiple purchases.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) offer a free online tool to better understand the fundamentals of fundraising.
The Foundation for Social Improvement (the FSI) offer reduced price online training on various fundraising topics to member organisations. (Membership is free for most charities but you will need to subscribe in advance to take advantage of the reduced training rates)
ACAS offer free e-learning, webinars and resources, and paid for online training options for those who manage staff.
Befriending Networks UK provide a comprehensive range of training materials and support from online webinars and courses to bespoke sessions. Costs range from free to different rates for members and non-members. Details at www.befriending.co.uk/training-events/
East Riding Voluntary Action’s Top Tips for Telephone Befriending: www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rm8EU6PiE&feature=youtu.be