One Reading Community Hub
- Call the One Reading Community Hub to be connected with volunteers, organisations and services who can support you during the coronavirus outbreak.
- Call 0808 1894325 (freephone) from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Reading Deaf Centre SMS: 07704 687298 or Fax: 0118 950 0507.
- Covid-19 vaccination guides for older adults – this gov.uk page has a large print leaflet and some translations.
- Translations: simplified and translated coronavirus safety and flu vaccination materials, with locally produced information and signposting to national resources.
- Translations: Covid-19: letters to clinically extremely vulnerable people
- British Sign Language advice and updates on RBC services.
Support and advice for groups
- Our support and advice for groups page has information and resources on contingency planning and adapting your services, employment and staff, and RVA services. For funding news, advice and opportunities, see our Funding pages.
- Our round-up of service updates during lockdown 3 can be found here.
- There is a new One Reading resources page for everyone working with children, young people and families in Reading.
- Read about the Voluntary and Community Sector Emergencies Partnership and request support.
- Read about Reading Borough Council’s Reading Covid-19 Outbreak Control Plan.
Support for individuals and families
- Our support for individuals and families page has information on keeping in touch online, managing anxiety and wellbeing and much more.
- If you are feeling lonely, our Ready Friends Toolkit has been updated with three new sections: live online meetups, telephone and video befriending and storytelling, podcasts and audiobooks.
Where can I volunteer?
- Search for volunteering opportunities in Reading.
- Go to RVA’s Social Action and Volunteer Training Hub
- NHS Volunteer Responders – recruitment has now re-opened in specific locations. Reading is not currently on the list, but you can register your interest.
- Reading Neighbourhood Network (RNN) – list and map of local support groups.
These pages were last updated on 14 January 2021.