Reading voluntary organisations are working together to support people to access their vaccine as they become eligible
RVA has opened a central helpline for carers, family, professionals and individuals in need of support: 0118 334 1091.
- Responding to a GP letter or confirming an appointment.
- Registering with a GP if required.
- Safe and friendly transport to and from a vaccine hub.
- Buddy around the hub, with language support if required.
Specific support may be available for:
- people with learning disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder or physical disability
- fragile older people
- people with dementia
- people with communication impairments who are hard of hearing or have restricted sight
- those struggling with anxiety or mental illness
- refugees and asylum seekers
- anyone who is digitally excluded
- people with potential language or cultural considerations.
If you are a family carer of someone with a learning disability you can also contact Reading Mencap directly by calling 0118 966 2518 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Download a leaflet with further information.