Professional development materials from the Trauma-Informed Reading Conference (2020)
To introduce the conference, the One Reading Children and Young People’s Partnership commissioned Real Time to film a video highlighting Reading’s trauma-informed journey so far. Real Time captured the perspectives of families as well as professionals from health, the police, schools and Brighter Futures for Children. Watch the video here.
Resources from Deb Robinson, Trauma Informed Practitioner, Brighter Futures for Children
- Bereavement, grief and loss during Covid-19 (download)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Covid-19 (download)
- Staying well in traumatic times (download)
- Zoom fatigue: don’t let video meetings zap your energy (download) – by Suzanne Degges-White PhD
Deb Robinson’s recommended reading
Seminal texts in understanding and applying trauma to practice
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog, 3rd Edition: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist’s Notebook–What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing (2017) by Bruce D. Perry and Maia Szalavitz.
- The Body Keeps the Score: Mind, Brain and Body in the Transformation of Trauma (2015) by Bessel van der Kolk.