Welcome to our Social Action and Volunteer Training Hub. Here we have gathered together a range of resources that may be of interest to those active in their local communities, through both formal and informal volunteering, as well as more general information about opportunities for personal development and employability skills.
There is a mixture of online courses, training and webinars from national providers as well as information on what is on offer locally. Take a look below to see RVAs latest training offer and click on the menu tabs to find out more.
Sign-up to our weekly volunteering newsletter to have the latest training offers sent straight to your inbox and/or our monthly Team Reading newsletter for even more community news
Have you thought about volunteering and wondering if Trusteeship is for you? Join us for a friendly Q&A on the final day of Trustees’ Week and ask your burning questions:
- What do trustees do?
- What are they responsible for?
- How do you become one?
- What opportunities are available locally?
- How do I know if a charity is for me?
- What experience do I need?
19 November – Volunteering as a route to employment
In this Zoom session, we will explore how volunteering can play a role in helping you in your journey towards employment.
Whether seeking to return to the workplace following a break, looking for your first job or seeking to transfer into a new field, the right volunteering role can prove to be a valuable asset in successfully securing employment.
30 November & 1 December – Become Mental Health Aware
The two half-day course will run over Monday 30 November and Tuesday 1 December, 1-30-4pm, via Zoom, and aims to raise awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma.
- Basic knowledge of some common mental health issues.
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing.
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue.