RISC is part of WEB/RISC, an educational charity which has been raising awareness about development issues since the early 1980’s.
RISC is Reading’s Development Education Centre working with schools and community organisations, raising the profile of international issues and promoting action for sustainable development, equality and social justice. The Education Team provides resources and training for schools throughout Berkshire and Oxfordshire. RISC organises a programme of events and exhibitions on global issues and speakers from the South.
* Our Fair Trade World shop has the largest selection of development materials in the UK.
* The Global Cafe-Bar uses organic, Fair Trade and local produce and is the only place in Reading for Ethopian food.
* RISC has a permaculture roof garden of medicinal plants, fruiting trees and shrubs which promotes sustainability.
* We hold monthly Volunteer Group inductions
* We provide low-cost meeting space for groups.
Four meeting rooms available for hire at very reasonable rates.