Social Media and Funding Bid Assistant
Help us to allow vulnerable local people with complex benefit needs to live rather than just survive
What we urgently need
Your communication and digital skills to help increase regular income for the Unit, with which we can provide more support hours to assist disadvantaged Reading people.
What you’ll do
You will help research, plan and write large bids to Trusts and other funders for financial support. You will also use your strong digital skills to put together a social media presence, through which the Unit can gain regular income from potential supporters.
Who we are
We offer free advice, advocacy and assistance to people in respect of their rights to often complex benefits.
The Unit’s been around in Reading for over 30 years, supporting vulnerable members of the Reading community facing hardship. We aim to benefit the local population by relieving poverty, sickness and distress by our free service.
Person specification and skills required:
- Understanding and commitment to social justice.
- Flexibility, resilience and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in a persuasive, professional manner.
- Competence and creativity in understanding and ordering information.
- Excellent, IT, digital skills and knowledge of social media.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small, friendly team.
Read more about Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit