Guide Dogs Fundraiser
Assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs. The time commitment can be very flexible, and the Fundraising groups organise events throughout the year
What does the role involve?
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
- Street collections on ‘flag’ days
- Help on stalls at local events
- Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
- Attending local events organised by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
- Count donations
- Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
Location: Local, often outdoors
What skills or experience are required?
- Good communication skills
- Working as part of a team
What will I get out of it?
- A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
- Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
- Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining their local committee
What support / training will I get?
- Regular and ongoing support from your branch and Guide Dogs
- Induction to the organisation and invite to a Guide Dogs Welcome Event
- Payment of out of pocket expenses
Minimum Age: 18
Read more about Guide Dogs for the Blind Association