RABBLE Theatre are looking for a Secretary to support the Trustee Board. If you have previous experience, or are a very organised individual with a keen eye for detail, please get in touch.
Experience of working with a charity is preferred but not essential.
We anticipate an average of no more than 8 hours a month, either in or out of office hours.
Rabble’s aim is to advance education of the public in the arts, through training and workshops in the performing arts and providing performances to inspire people of all ages and backgrounds in Reading and England.
You will support RABBLE Theatre by ensuring the Charity’s governance documentation is maintained, updated and shared, working closely with the Trustee Board, and Charity Directors.
Location: Remote, a connection to Reading is desired but not essential
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines.
The role involves:
- Preparing agendas
- Admin support including minute taking, diary management, filing, action planning, letter drafting, etc
- Minuting meetings
- Ensuring documentation is produced & circulated in a timely manner
- Checking that board members, staff & volunteers have completed agreed actions
- Circulating agendas & minutes of AGMs & general meetings, ensuring they comply with our constitution & procedures
- Ensuring RABBLE complies with the requirements of the Charity Commission re: registration, reporting, changes to governing documents, etc.
- Preparing accurate reports for monitoring purposes
- Keeping up to date with legislation & policy related to governance, making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes that might impact decision making or operations
- Ensuring that those entitled to do so can inspect RABBLE Theatre records
- Be the first point of contact for all governance queries
- Being responsible for maintenance of the electronic filing and storage system for governance documentation
- Undertaking any other appropriate functions under the direction of the board
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Expertise in PowerPoint/Word/Excel
- Proven administration experience including minute taking
- Impartiality, fairness and ability to respect confidentiality
- Energy and capability to proactively and positively work in a team
- Knowledge of company and charity law preferable
- Interest in RABBLE Theatre’s aims and mission
What difference will you make?
You will join us at a hugely exciting time as we are able to once again put on live productions and welcome people back to in person learning, training and education. Your expert knowledge and skill will be invaluable to our success.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of an innovative and forward-thinking charity, focussed on ensuring theatre is affordable and accessible for all. You will help us provide the joy and excitement only theatre can bring to people, building confidence and expanding their horizons.