We are a charity, registered with the Charity Commission, providing education for social, economic and environmental justice to the general public and also education for Green Economics and Reform of Economics.
We have delivered many projects with the EU and due to expansion are now in the position of needing voluntary assistance with further EU project grant funding applications, projects management and EU invoice and paperwork for the charity.
As a volunteer with experience of EU grant applications and coordination, with a focus on EU projects, you will explore new grantmaking opportunities, bid for projects and subsequently assist in the managing and coordinating of projects. Knowledge of and experience in these areas is essential.
You will be organised and be able to network to find partner co -bidders with whom to apply. You will have strong ICT skills and a working knowledge of GDPR.
The role will involve:
- Research and find suitable bid opportunities from the EU grant-making websites or bid partners.
- Suggest possible bid opportunities to the Trustees. Advise them which are likely to be compliant.
- Prepare the application paperwork in consultation with the teams. Get Sign off from the Trustees and submit the application.
- Progress and coordinate the applications working with our partners and teams. Update the initial application if required.
- Prepare budgets for the project. Coordinate the budget right through to invoicing.
- You may also coordinate the project or just the paperwork depending on your interests.
- Assist in finding project coordinators suitable for the role or advise on the best way to administer the project.
- Coordinate the project and volunteers delivering the project.
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied.
- This role can be done as a part of a volunteer team or volunteer job share.
This is an opportunity for someone who enjoys the EU environment to be able to continue to keep in touch with EU projects and activities on a part-time basis or whilst having other focus in their lives.
You will mainly volunteer online for the foreseeable future. We estimate this coordination will need the equivalent of one day a week.
Other opportunities with Green Economics Institute Trust
Read more about Green Economics Institute Trust