OHOS Limited seeks an energetic Treasurer (Trustee/volunteer) to support our organisational development as a beacon for contemporary art (registered charity status pending).
The Treasurer will join an active Board of Trustees to oversee the development and direction of the organisation. The Treasurer will:
- Oversee OHOS’s financial management as a trustee, ensuring financial prudence and integrity;
- Provide guidance to OHOS administrator who does book-keeping and input into OHOS’s accounting package Kashflow;
- Work with the administrator and Chair to ensure proper secure procedures for authorising expenses, banking, invoices etc;
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns, using Kashflow;
- Prepare cash flow quarterly forecasts, ensuring adequate reserves across OHOS’ bank accounts as an account signatory;
- Manage future project income and expenditure and its required reporting;
- Provide financial input into the charity’s business plan: analyse income and expenditure and suggest improvements, advise on income generation;
- Prepare annual accounts to draft stage and liaise with OHOS’ accountants Kirk Rice to obtain signed annual accounts for submission to Companies House/Charity Commission
Assist the OHOS Secretary as needed on annual charity returns
An appreciation of contemporary art, an accountancy qualification and broad experience in financial management of a small charity, while not essential, would make you a strong candidate.
Read more about Open Hand Open Space