We are looking for people to join our Collections Project Volunteer team as part of this exciting 18-month project.
Your main role will be to carry out audits and inventories of objects in the Museum’s collections, checking that we have the essential and accurate information about objects in our care, they are located where they should be and they are correctly numbered. You will then record this information in our Vernon Collections Management System and on Microsoft Excel.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Assist with organising our object stores, helping us to create space for objects in our collections.
- Document collections in Excel and Vernon CMS collections database.
- Occasionally carry out other activities that contribute to the aims of the Project, including blog writing posts and assisting with hands-on tasks such as marking objects.
This would be a great opportunity for someone who…
- Has keen attention to detail and is well-organised.
- Enjoys using a computer.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Is interested in museum collections and working behind-the-scenes with a wide range of objects.
- Is looking to gain experience in the heritage and culture sector.
Other opportunities with River & Rowing Museum
Read more about River & Rowing Museum