We are looking for seasoned, hands-on, dynamic senior sales leader who is passionate about the role of ethics in business and broader society and wants to make a difference locally. We are looking to extend the leadership team and are seeking someone interested in becoming a Board Director to help us grow and develop to the next stage.
Ethical Reading exists to help organisations in Reading and their teams do the right thing by each other, the wider community and the environment and to thrive in the process. It is all about encouraging people to take a compassionate, respectful and responsible approach when making decisions at every level from the board room to everyday interactions.
As this is a volunteer role, it may be particularly suited to a retired senior professional / senior manager or someone working part-time. The successful candidate will join as a volunteer and work alongside the existing team. Nomination to the Board is dependent on engagement and performance over a jointly agreed period.
As a Board Director your work will include the following activities:
- Leading the sales and business development function
- Developing sales strategies and executing on them with the help of the other directors and volunteers
- Building relationships with the our partners at CxO level
- Managing budgets and forecasting
- Managing volunteers
- Using social media to spread key messages
- Volunteer induction and coaching
- Regular meetings with “buddy” Director
- Training on Ethical Reading (Microsoft) systems
- Volunteers monthly meeting and monthly “Friday drinks”
Skills & Experience Required:
- Seasoned senior leader with 15+ years relevant experience
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Understanding of the role ethics plays in business life
- Comfortable using a PC, and online office tools including email.
Time commitment :
- 20+ hours per week
Other opportunities with Ethical Reading
Read more about Ethical Reading