Looking for additional Trustees to join the NBR team!
Trustee / Committee volunteers needed for New Beginnings Reading in RG1
New Beginnings Reading was founded in May 2017 in a direct response to rising poverty and homelessness in Reading. Our charity aims are to provide relief from the effects of poverty, financial hardship and homelessness to people in Reading, Berkshire
We are looking for additional Trustees to join the NBR team. You will need to be a confident self starter with good communication and organisational skills. We are looking for the following key qualities:
- Be committed to the purpose, objects and values of NBC
- Be able to act reasonably and responsibly when undertaking such duties and performing tasks.
- Be supportive of the values and ethics of NBR
- Be able to to analyse information and, when necessary, challenge constructively.
- Be constructive about other trustees opinions in discussions
- Understand the importance and purpose of meetings, and be committed to preparing for them adequately and attending them regularly.
- Be able to make collective decisions and stand by them.
Location address line 1
The Queens Arms
24 Great Knolleys Street
Working from home and NBR
Car parking for the volunteer?
Secure bicycle parking?
Near public transport?
How much time?
A few hours a week
What times and days of the week?
Mon EVETue EVEWed EVEThu EVEFri EVE
Any of these times
Trustee / Committee
Will suit someone like this:
Enjoys variety and changeSelf organised/motivatedLikes team workNetworkerGood sense of humourSociableSupportiveCommunicator
Post suitable for supported volunteering?
On the job training
Description of support
From other Trustees and the Centre Manager
Description of expenses
Out of pocket expenses
Will I need my own transportation?
Will the volunteer be CRB or DBS checked?
Are references required?
Will there be an interview?
Are they properly insured?
Do they need a specific gender?
How many volunteers needed?
Opportunity added on
18 May 2021
Other opportunities with New Beginnings Reading