An exciting opportunity to join the longest running theatre in Reading. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic Treasurer to manage the theatre finances and help guide and advise us on financial matters.
The role of Treasurer is both a Trustee and a Member of our Management Committee, with input into strategic and day-to-day management matters. The successful candidate will be required to join Progress Theatre as a member and submit to a DBS check. The Trustee term is three years, and this is a voluntary role.
Progress Theatre is a Registered Charity, governed and maintained by volunteers. We present a quality programme of popular and challenging theatre at our own 96 seater venue and also stage an Open Air production at Reading Abbey Ruins each summer. We have a thriving Youth Group, present Digital Theatre, encourage new drama with our Writers’ Group, and through our friendly and energetic community of members we aim to promote live theatre in Reading and the surrounding area.
We are looking for a person who is computer literate and has a good head for figures. Also, someone who is keen to support our aims and objectives as an amateur theatre company promoting the education of performing arts to the general public in Reading and elsewhere.
A working knowledge of Xero Accounting Software would be an advantage but not essential. Full training will be given. The retiring Treasurer will be available for a hand over and on-going advice until training is complete.
The role includes :-
- Control of banking and payment of invoices/expenses.
- Recording and monitoring costs attributed to our productions.
- Liaising with the Chair and Board of Trustees on financial matters.
- Preparing financial forecasts and working to ensure the financial sustainability & security of the charity.
- Preparing and submitting statutory reports to the Charity Commission.
- Preparing a financial report for the Annual General Meeting.
- Attending monthly Management Meetings (usually evenings first Monday in the month)
- Attending periodic Trustee Meetings (evenings approx. 6 per annum)
If you would like an informal chat about the role and/or more information about Progress Theatre please contact us via the email below.
To apply, please send your CV together with a short letter outlining why you are interested in the role. Email : email@example.com
Closing Date : Friday 17th September 2021
Read more about Progress Theatre